clear up memory cache + turn off all apps running in background + Disable other notifications(test)

@larku not sure which helped the most but smooth play, a nice 21-20 win in a tourney. No pool game aborts yet since I made these changes. I honestly believe that anything that may "pop up" like other notifications, new emails, or anything that occurs concurrently during the hand off to Skillz, their software treats as a "threat", thus the crash. That's on Skillz program development. If that's the case.
Win/ lose, I just want to have fun. My "handoff" anxiety is down a bit but believe me, I hit that "next" or play now button QUICKLY. ; )
Less time in Skillz handoff = phew! Starting to have fun again while watching march madness!
Thank you again Larku for all your help, time, and knowledge. You didn't have to take the time to explain so much to me but you did. Much appreciated.

Comments

• Hey @chaos626,

Thanks for the post - this is useful to other players having issues - appreciated!

I'm very happy that things are working more smoothly for you now!

Regards,
    -larku
  • Me too! Thanks for your help.!
    Now if Skillz would send my cheesy VIP kit in the damn mail, I'd be happy sitting back and kicking arse. Lol. Yeah right. Sloooowly starting to win. No withdrawals yet but if they take as long as a VIP package, I'll show up Brooklyn style. Lmao.
  • Oh, lower game quality as well. 2/1 just as good game play as 3/4. If still having problems. Like we discussed, once too much ram is used, Apple will kill an app.
  • Hey @chaos626,

I'll ask Skillz about your VIP package, it's been a long time! Is your Skillz username also chaos626?

Thanks too for the additional "quality" tips for user!

Regards,
    -larku
  • I changed my user name to Kalmdown, not knowing I'd be using chaos626 here. They are both for a single, same account. I've been playing under Kalmdown for quite a while. I didn't know I'd end up with two screen names, single account. I did send you another post, asking that you check with Skillz but I know your busy with enough. I'll just email them once a day everyday, lol.
  • Hey @chaos626,

Cheers, no probs, I'll query my contacts to see if I can find anything out :)

-larku
  • Forgot to mention, I did receive my Skillz VIP package shortly after I asked you to look into it :) Also no problems with game play and I had a quick withdrawal process that was a breath of fresh air. Currently playing Pool, Bowling, and Trivia. All fun. Have had issues with player matching in Bowling, I.e. I'll be ranked 300 and get matched against a top ten guy, lol. That's not on you, however, they introduced a 3 player, winner take all match for $6. Can we get that,making with a medium entry tourney in pool anytime soon @larku? :). Thanks again for all your hard work and positive interaction with players!
  • I meant to type can we get a similar 3-player, 1st takes all contest for $6? And of course, the much awaited medium entry tourney :)