Skillz...fails...the test. Chooses to not do the right thing over $11 Proof available. Sad day.

@Larku, your an excellent programmer. You put tons of hard work into this game and you've turned out to be a good person making a FAIR buck. Programming is long, hard, tedious, strenuous, and sometimes take up years before you see a dollar IF, your product succeeds. SKILLZ is the marketing end, working with tons of game developers and different games. I said I'd test their FAIRNESS, ETHICS, and see if they would do the right thing, over $11. Here's how it went.
I took screenshots of a "stuck" beginning of the final match of a 4 RD tourney. Scored 27,28,29 in the first 3 rounds. Not in order. Screenshots are available for all to see if you ask. What they show, is over a 2 1/2 minute delay of the dreaded triple dot, then black screen, then aborted. Champ had scored 9. It wasn't his fault, he deserves to keep the prize. I took screenshots.
This was over 24 hours ago. There are 3 consecutive screenshots I took to "prove" the incident was unfair and that we both deserved the $15 (12.47$) after entry? feel, and still do, that being denied a chance at $15 and being awarded $4 was unfair. So I put Skillz to the test.
I sent Skillz the pics, which show the time on the top of the screen. Total unlapsed time over 60 seconds, more likely 90. A frozen loop, followed by the aborted result. I asked SKILLZ to "Do the right thing", not over the $11, to test the fairness of this company and its ability to do "THE RIGHT THING" for $11 - 2.54$ entry fee. Multi-million dollar company, who is so greedy and afraid (separate topic), they are squeezing everything they can out of these games players, costing the programmers and owners, acting fair with refunds for games your up 1-0. Etc. If anyone would like to see the screenshots, I'll provide a separate email address after I post my interaction with Kills.

Comments

• Email request and responses coming...
  • yesterday your game robbed me of $6. Now it robbed me of $11. So, let me ask you a question.
    Do I keep playing because you guys make this right? Or do I post reviews with these screenshots showing how you may very well get screwed out of winnings and onl
    Y get your entry fee back? Do the right thing guys. This is ridiculous. It's been rampant since 9-ball and 8-ball came back. Look at my first 3 rounds, my scores of 27,29,28 (not exact order) and TELL ME I wouldn't have beaten a 9!
    Furious -Kalmdown Keith Rosko. Losses from crashes in 2 days? $17. I'm expecting. PROMPT response. Especially since you didn't believe me yesterday.

Attachment(s)
    image1.PNG
    image2.PNG
    image3.PNG
  • Their response on what is fair. :::: Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry that your game aborted at such a crucial moment. Because the prize has already been awarded to the other player, it would be unfair for us to remove it from their account and give it to you. I know it's frustrating when you're about to win a tournament but your game crashes, especially so far into the game. We have refunded your entry fee, as we do for aborted games, so that you can get another chance to play. I never ASKED FOR YOU TO UNFAIRLY TAKE THE WINNINGS FROM THE PLAYER WHO WON, I asked you to do the RIGHT THING.
    I BELIEVE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN TO AWARD BOTH PLAYERS THE AMOUNT OF THE TOURNAMENT WIN. A MASSIVE, EXTRA $11 that I don't and didn't even care about. YOUR PROVING TO BE GREEDY, IMMORAL, AND A COMPANY THAT ONY CARES ABOUT A BOTTOM LINE. I WARN ALL PLAYERS TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR BEGINNING AND ENDING SCREENS, START SPREADING THE WORD and start noticing when it happens, against what kind of competition, and when it never happens.

SKILLZ They won't allow the pics. They are available via email recoverkeith74@gmail
    HATS OFF AGAIN To a great programmer @Larku and hopefully a new platform for real money pool soon. SKILLZ, please allow me to post the pictures I sent you, debated over for almost 2 days, before you did the Caddyshack maneuver and proved no amount of money leaves its coffers, proven error on their part or not.

Again, why poker will never be legalized across the country. Play small, take some shots, enjoy the wonderful gameplay but watch your $$$
  • edited March 15
    Hey @chaos626,

I certainly believe you (it wouldn't make much sense to lie about these things!), it's just that there is not much I can personally do to fix things. I will be bringing up all your points with Skillz, I take what you're saying very seriously and will try to influence improvements where I can.

In my opinion, the refund system is ok, the real issue is the crashing. It would be best to have a system where refunds are not required, ever!

To qualify that statement, crashing should be so infrequent (or non existent) that refunds should never be needed, If Skillz allowed players to get winnings from aborted games or bugs, I'd expect cheating/fraud (against Skillz) would be rampant, it's rather trivial to make things look like they're in your favour and people will take advantage of this. It's a slippery slope and one that means a compromise on how to handle refunds in these situations. I'm speculating here, as it's not my area of expertise.

Regards,
    -larku