Crash after crash after crash

Hello,
I started playing at the end of December, everything was smooth and nice. I got $2.00 bonus to start with, which in less than 2 weeks I've turned into $145. Not bad for plying a game I love. Then it all started: on top of the usual error messages, like ''something went wrong, please try again'' or ''Ooops, looks like that didn't worked out, Try again later'' which after tapping twice on Cancel would just go away, now I get the worst eroor that anyone can have. After ending the game, there's the pop-up window that says if I'd like to share on Facebook the result. I tap on 'No thanks' and then it says ''Uh oh! Doesn't look like that worked. You have less than an hour to submit your score. Retry when you are connected to the internet.'' The only option there is under this message, is Retry, which I can keep tapping on until next year, as nothing happens. Obviously, I got in touch with support, through the support section of the app, and they refunded me for every single game that crashed. But that was it, no explanation, nothing. All my questions were left without an answer, just got the entry fee back. It's been 2 weeks since it started, and honestly I lost interest in the game, as 95% of the time this happens. All I can do is to reset the app, then I see the game result as I'm still playing, but which is weird, but when my opponent finishes his streak I appear as if I aborted. The only thing the guys from support told me is to check if I have a good internet connection, and they insisted with this, making me feel even more frustrated, as I said and underlined that my internet connection is very good and reliable, I'm not being disturbed by phone calls while playing, nothing like that.
I don't know why is this happening, or if the developers are aware of this bug, but I'm about to stop playing at all, as it's upsetting and frustrating. If other players are experiencing this, it's definitely not a good thing for Skillz.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
Regards

Comments

• edited January 31
    Hey @moregnt,

We're really sorry to hear you're having issues. Skillz support manage thousands of games and I assume that not all support staff are aware of all technical issues - there have been some know issues which could cause such errors to occur. These are known to the engineering team but I expect not all support staff are aware of this. It's a difficult problem managing how to keep everyone informed. I'll forward your concerns to Skillz via our contacts and see if they can improve feedback through their support channel.

We are releasing a new release later today which has some additional fixes.

When did you last see this error? I was under the impression this error had been addressed.

Please keep me informed how things go - we take our customer support very seriously and we're here to help and provide any information that we're aware of.

Edit: oh and great stuff working you $2 to $145, excellent work!

Regards,
    -larku
  • Hi @-larku and thanks for your reply.
    since I wrote here, it happened twice, and then I didn't try to play anymore. I really hope it'll get fixed soon, so everyone can enjoy the game as before.

Kind regards
  • Hey @moregnt,

Thanks, I'm onto Skillz now to dig into this some more. I really appreciate you letting us know!

Regards,
    -larku
  • Hello -larku
    I'm looking forward to hear any news related to this. You were saying something about an update release yesterday...I kept my eye on app store for it, but nothing yet.

Regards
  • Hey @moregnt,

Apologies, it's still on it's way - just awaiting the QA go ahead :) I expected that'd happen yesterday, seems I was overly hopeful. It's on it's way though.

Regards,
    -larku
  • I still access and receive my second trophy. I too have crashes, most of which occur when I try to access ticketz and trophies. Whatever the reward is for the second trophy (400 pro games) I'd like to receive it. Thanks nemesis Larku, lol.
  • I meant still can't access.
  • Hey @chaos626,

I'm still waiting for QA go ahead to release our latest version. This includes the latest Skillz software, so I'm hoping that fixes the problems you're seeing.

It doesn't normally take this long for approval, so it should happen very soon.

Regards,
    -larku
  • Hei there larku.
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but are the guys working at this update (and the game altogether) sleeping? Or do they just learn Turbo Pascal as we speak? I didn't say anything else because made my point, but c'mon...I just finished a game potting 131 balls in a tournament and guess what?! It says I'm not conected to the internet. I would have been second, with a nerly $10 prize; now all I get is the entry fee back worth $1.29........is that fair? In what paralel dimension?! What have I wasted 40 minutes of my time for?!? Practice? I have more than 100 emails with "support" on the same topic, and nothing changed. NOTHING! And they dare make a statement like "our players are most valuable for us?! Hmmm, it sure doesn't look so. Nobody showed any real interest into sorting this out, just template replies from people who obviously don't give a crap about their job. Good luck
  • Sorry about typo's, I was in a hurry
  • Hi @moregnt,

I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. There are a number of quality controls that each release is subjected to prior to releasing to the public. This is to ensure a fair play environment for all players. Unfortunately this process can take a while. We're doing as much as we can here. We don't get to sleep much :)

Regards,
    -larku
  • Hi larku
    This is to confirm that even after the update, the game continues to crash...maybe even more than before. The strange thing is that ALWAYS when I score low, it goes through, when I pot a lot of balls it says I'm not conected to the internet. Today I was playing in tournament and for a silly mistake I scored 1. No problem, money gone. I tap on play again right away and I score 130. Can you guess what? That's right, game crashes, says I should submit my score when I'm online. This is at least strange...but for my peace of mind, seeing that it's been a month since this is happening on a daily basis and no improvement has been made, I'm gonna stop playing (wasting my time) until a serious update that would actually fix these issues will come through.
    It's a shame really, such a good game and such a good ideea, but all I got in the end was a huge load of dissappointment.

Best of luck!
  • Hi @moregnt,

Thanks for your patients and feedback. We are as frustrated as out users. We must rely on 3rd party products to bring cash play to RMP and unfortunately we must also work with the bugs and limitations of those 3rd party tools.

We are pressing the developers of those tools to get these bugs/issues fixed and we must work with them until they're fixed.

Apologies again, and I hope we can get it sorted soon.

Regards,
    -larku
  • I have to say the same. Thanks for everything Larku. Your time especially. I'd still play but until I know more about SKILLZ, contact info, country of origin, etc. I can't in good conscience give money. To me, it's a fine line. I can bet overseas and at least have an address. I don't because it's illegal. Games of skill have a place in the U.S. But anything short of FULL transparency worries me. Good luck all. Maybe down the road.
  • Hey @chaos626,

Skillz are in San Francisco, they did have offices in Boston too at some stage I think, but they may have consolidated to SF, not sure. They don't have a presence anywhere else that I'm aware of.

They may have their issues, but they're certainly not shady or deceptive. I've worked with them (as a game dev partner) for a few years now and they've been very professional and above board at all times. I can only express what I have experienced and it's only an opinion based on my interactions with them. They've never given me reason to distrust them.

I agree that if it's failing for you that playing cash would be very annoying! We'll have updates still coming with stability updates and these are likely to help.

Regards,
    -larku
  • Thank you for reassuring info. I did explore their site. It seems that good intent is prevalent. Developers, some, are making great games. Playing for $ is exciting. I guess I've been a skeptic with a lot of hope. Btw, since my system changes, everything working well.
  • Hey @chaos626,

That's great to hear!!
  • I'm having the same problems now I have to send them a crash report from my iPad. And they still want refund my money . I'm never depositing any money until they can get a grip on this matter
  • Hey @sladeanator,

I'm not sure these two issues are related, the issue in this thread is mostly due to memory constraints on the old iPad 2. Your iPad Pro should no have the same issue.

Regards,
    Larku