Messaging other players

edited February 2016 in Requests & Suggestions
Being one who loves the game of billards props to the programmers of this app. I havnt read a lot of the detail discussion on this forum but I would bet the 8 ball it's been discussed. Anyway we can actually message other players. My thoughts, The app is very cool but its lacking. Not really sure how to explain but when I play for real there is a handshake, fist bump and words wishing good luck just before the game. At the end there is a handshake and words of "Hey good game." I see the message bubbles we can use but it just dosnt feel like the words are mine to my competitor. I don't know if This makes much sense . Any way we can message, or chat with the other player when we play?

Comments

• Hey @Spyn,

Welcome to our forums.

Thanks for the complements. I'm the programmer but our designer deserves a lot of the credit too (I can't take it all :) )..

You make perfect sense and we absolutely agree there is not enough social interaction between players and instant free type messaging would certainly help.

This is something we are actively looking to fix. We agree that the "speech bubbles" just don't cut it for 'chat', it's too restrictive. There are things in the works to address this.

We have a number of exciting improvements coming over the next few weeks/months :)

Thanks for the feedback - we love feedback (negative and positive). We want to make our game the best-in-class, and knowing what users want is paramount!

Regards,
    -larku
  • edited February 2016
    Larkin Thanks for your reply.That says a lot. At least to me.
    I see good players and bad. Funny thing is even with the fine tune aim you can tell good players from not as good players. One more question. Is it preferred each suggestion be a new comment, I have one which would truly weed out the best players. is this a new thread?
    Happy Ideas,
    Spyn
  • Hey @Spyn,

Totally not fussed, this forum is just a tool for communication, any way it comes :) So do what feels best for you!

Talking of weeding out the good players from the bad, in our newest release (available in a few days time) we've added an expert mode that removes a lot of the aids and makes for a far more challenging game.

We've tried to make expert mode as challenging as real life play, I like it a lot :)

Regards,
    -larku
  • edited February 2016
    Aww yes the Aid of aim. Well my suggestion was have the aim eye disappear when a player gets down to three or two balls across all games:

Another suggestion, anyway we can view a reply of the daily winner of speed pool or best shot of the day once the aim eye is gone.
    Have a good eve, its time to shoot.

Sticks and Balls
    Spyn
  • Hey @Spyn,

Re "disappear when a player gets down to three or two balls" - That's an interesting idea, not one I've considered before. I'll suggest this to our designer.

I absolutely love the idea of viewing the winner's game. That side of things is handled by Skillz so they'd need to add that to their UI. I'm certainly going to pass that suggestion on. I know they are looking at lots of improvements so this is possibly already in the works.

All cash games are streamed live/recorded and if you have the match ID it is viewable online. But it would be great to see this available directly in the game.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Have a great one.,
    -larku
  • So happy to see this thread.. Got me excited that the game is constantly evolving for the better!
  • LarKu, You stil around??
  • Yes sending messages would be great
  • Hey @Spyn,

Yep always here :)