Aborted games

Why do aborted games show up as awaiting players?

Why can't an aborted game be canceled ?

Aborted games
  1. Do you have an aborted game in you're active games?10 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%
  2. What type of game is it?10 votes
    1. Straight
      70.00%
    2. 8ball
      20.00%
    3. 9ball
      10.00%
  3. How much is the game for?10 votes
    1. Zcoins
      20.00%
    2. $1
        0.00%
    3. $5
      10.00%
    4. $10
      60.00%
    5. $20
      10.00%
  4. How many aborted games do you have10 votes
    1. 1
      30.00%
    2. 2-4
      30.00%
    3. 5-9
      30.00%
    4. 10+
      10.00%

Comments

• $13 was deducted because of an accidental play from phone in pocket...I aborted game and lost $. Sucks
  • Hi HBear187

Just to make sure, are you talking about games you've aborted yourself? Or games your opponent aborted?

Coeus
  • Hi siel001

Really sorry that happened, that was bad luck! Unfortunately in those circumstances we have to give the victory to your opponent. It wouldn't be fair to the other guy if your bad luck cost him a win.

Coeus
  • Games where I recoeved a phone call during and returned back to the game to find out it was marked aborted
  • Then it sat in my awaiting challengers for 4 days until the "bot" found it and played it.
  • Twice I had the case where it is my turn, I click to play. Then the game hangs with a blank black screen. I kill it and restart and it shows me as having aborted. I have lost money because of this.
  • Hi @burbujas,

I've sent you a private message.

Larku

• Please refund my aborted game match id: 12444785
  • Hi @al1baba

Regards,
    Larku
  • When I start a match my screen goes black. I lost 2 games then updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 8 and started another game and again the screen went black. I lost 3 games of $10 straight pool.
  • Hi @Jockeyarey,

Regards,
    Larku
  • Sniff sniff...Larku msged everyone but me....sniff sniff
  • Hi @Hbear187,

I've sent you a few private messages, did you not get them? (Private messages via this forum), I can see you just replied to one but appears you didn't see my messages.

Regards,
    Larku

• I have 8ball & 9ball games aborted due to system crash, it seems to be happen every other game!
  • Hi @GOLDMOUTH74,

Regards,
    Larku
  • I am sick of losing because of aborted games I never even got to see the table let alone shoot, I read comments about this game screwing people and I don't want to believe it but this type of stuff makes me think otherwise
  • My latest aborted game now shows a "0" instead of aborted
  • First of all I'd like to apologize for exaggerating the amount of games I have had aborted, I had just went through my games and only found around 5+ a couple of zeros that I don't remember even shooting in the game that being said everything I previously stated I standby I love this gamebut this is really getting tiresome
  • Hi @kevylee,

We're very sorry that you're experiencing this issue. We're frantically working to get a fix out ASAP.

Thanks for you patients while we resolve this issue. We're as frustrated as the users and can't apologise enough that these bugs have squeezed through QA.

I've sent you a private message, please check your messages.

Regards,
    Larku
  • I sent email too about my aborted games but nobody refunded me 3 $5 dollar game and I dunno how many dollar game I played and keep aborting the game it's getting annoying!!
  • edited January 2015
    Hi @noypi7,

We're very sorry you've having these issues - we're working on getting a fix out asap. Who did you send an email to? To report issues to Skillz you need to follow the steps as shown here: http://realmoneypool.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/44/submitting-a-support-request-to-skillz

Regards,
    Laru
  • I just had an aborted game due to a black screen "crash". It was a straight $10 game. #13927027. Can you help me Larku?
  • Hi @Drilltrash,

We're sorry this has effected your game.

I've sent you a Private Message - please check your messages.

Regards,
    Larku
  • Hi, I have just had a game and the score was 1-1 and my opponent potted the cue ball but wouldn't let me have my turn and came up aborted so I lost! The match id is 13895240 thanks
  • Hi @shanekm1,

Can you explain the sequence of events in detail for me? I've never heard this happening before.

I've also sent you a private message - please check your messages.

Regards,
    Larku
  • Hi, I got a notification that it was now my turn so I went into the game. I watched my opponent take a few shots then they potted the White ball! I went to move the White ball and my screen went black and when it came back I was out of the game back at the home page bit where you view other games and it said that I had aborted the game! I have sent skillz a message and just waiting to here back! Thanks
  • Hi @shanekm1,

Thanks for the extra detail - I'm sorry this happened.

We've never seen or heard of this error occurring before. Please let us know if you see this happen again.

Regards,
    Larku
  • Hi it happened again earlier! I have reported it twice now to skillz but still not heard back!
  • Hi @shanekm1,

I've sent you a private message - please check your messages.

Regards,
    Larku
  • Hi, it's just happened again but this time it was a bit different. I clicked on a match to take my turn and the screen went black and when it came back it just said return to skillz! And says abandoned! Game id 14129299. This is now the third time so if these games don't get refunded I will withdraw my money and not play anymore! I have also notified skillz but still not had a reply! Thanks